We don’t need to explain the importance of creating the Job File and Spool files while operating the Printers. We require these files to troubleshoot common problems and error messages from the printer. There are many people who are catching the Spool files. Today, we will enlist the steps to do so in the Lexmark printers. The process to create a job file or to capture a spool, so to say, is very effortless. You have to follow a simple procedure directed by the Lexmark Customer Support Team. You can ask us if you face difficulties during the process. We will instantly reply with accurate answers.
Take these steps in the same order
- Start the Command Terminal of the Lexmark Printer
- Type cd/tmp/ in the search field in and press the enter key from the keyboard
- After that, you have to go to the “tmp” directory
- Type “vi jobfile.txt” in order to create a Test file.
- Move to your web browser after this
- There you have to press localhost:631 to reach the CUPS Page.
- Move to the Administrator tab after this.
- Select the option to Edit Configuration File from the Server.
- Move to the next tab and enter File Devices.
- Click yes at the confirmation window and save these settings.
- You will then be prompted to provide the username and password.
- Type the correct details, and the server will automatically restart.
- The process of creating the job file has started with these steps.
- Move to the web browser once again once again.
- Open the CUPS Page by typing localhost:631
- Move to the printers tab after this and Choose the Lexmark Printer.
- Open the drag-down menu names Administration
- Choose the option of Modify Printer.
- Click on the “Appsocket” rather than using the IPP to open the exact details of the system
- Move to the Connection text box after this
- Enter “file:/tmp/jobfile.txt” in this box
- Click on continue to move further in the process.
- You should not change more settings after this
- Print a test page and check whether the system has created a Jobfile in the desired location.
Contact Lexmark for more support
We have tried to keep the process simple, but if you face any problem while executing these actions, then you can talk to us. Dial Lexmark Printer Support Number USA +1-866-662-5999 and learn more solutions related to the Lexmark Printers.